welcome to bastun - baltic sea trade union network
Representing 11 million trade union members
BASTUN works as a forum where the trade unions of the Baltic Sea Region exchange information and discuss and define common interests. The network aims at political and social influencing, coordinates joint projects and raises issues related to the Baltic Sea Region within the international trade union family. BASTUN is a strategic partner of the Council of Baltic Sea States (CBSS) and cooperates closely with the Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference (BSPC).
The BASTUN spring meeting in Stockholm expressed its solidarity and sent condolances to the people and labour movement of St Petersburg and Russia due to the horrible attacks in St. Petersburg on the 3d of April.
The trade union movement represents human equality, solidarity and peace. The brutal act of terror
in St. Petersburg is directed towards these fundamental values. It is carried out to divide and
undermine freedom, openness and democracy.
Read the entire letter here below.
- BASTUN is a trade union network consisting of 22 Trade Union confederations in the Baltic Sea Region representing 11 million trade union members
- BASTUN influences political decision making processes and social development in the region, coordinates joint projects and raises issues related to the Baltic Sea region within the international trade union family.
- The Global Deal initiative
- The European Pillar of Social Rights
- The growing polarisation in societies and its consequences on democracy.